- Environmentally friendly: Concrete is ideal for warm weather because it stays cool even in the hottest heat. Conversely, in the winter months, asphalt draws the heat out of the room, and the flooring stays warm. Apart from energy efficiency, concrete flooring is also environmentally friendly. No trees are destroyed when concrete is manufactured, less energy is required to manufacture it than other forms of flooring, and concrete does not contain volatile organic compounds.
- Durable: whatever can leak or be pulled over it, concrete is nearly indestructible. If you want to run a truck over it, once it has been filled, it can be replaced by water. Big box shops, warehouses and garages all use this kind of flooring for this very purpose. The only thing that is going to break a concrete floor is a jackhammer. Heavy furniture, pet claws, and other things that will kill the hardwood floor would not even damage the carrcrete polished concrete .
Quick to repair and clean: Sand, sand and dust mites can all be avoided by using this form of flooring. It is not easy to eliminate these allergens from your house, except with a vacuum cleaner, since they live deep in the fabric of a carpet.
Durable, strong stuff.
Concrete is considered to be one of the most durable materials in the building world today. As long as the concrete is rolled out and assembled properly, there is resistance to scratching. Scratch resistance is the ideal option for home flooring. Polished concrete floors are long-lasting and should never be removed as long as you properly maintain them. Concrete is now available nearly everywhere, making it easy to access and cheaper than other flooring options.
It is not allergenic.
For those with allergies and asthma, concrete flooring has been suggested. It helps prevent the build-up of pollen, dust mites, and animal dander. Such particular types of allergens live deep in the carpet, making them more difficult to extract. Polished concrete flooring is ideal as it can be swept, mopped and vacuumed as needed.
- Safety Concerns: the versatility and visual appeal of concrete may be hampered by its realistic safety aspects, especially for young children. The packaging does not provide a shield for dropping babies and toddlers or for fallen smartphones and tablets.
- Amplifies sounds: rough flooring has the ability to amplify sounds, but this deficiency can be rectified without difficulties by adding any rugs, mattresses or runners.
- Expensive: The labor involved with the construction of a concrete floor can be very heavy, but the cost of the materials is smaller than with certain other forms of flooring. You can build the floor on your own to save some time, but do a good job-the effect will be clearly inconsistent when the floor is not leveled correctly.
- Messy Installation Process: the system used to install this form of flooring is very untidy. You will need to take special precautions to ensure that your furniture and walls are protected.
After weighing the pros and cons, it should be easy to decide whether there is a concrete floor for you. Bear in mind that concrete can be coated with many materials, including epoxy, a stunning, sturdy finish that can be used anywhere in the home; ceramic tile and bamboo.